About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Lounging around in Ketchikan

As Ketchikan proclaims on their world famous sign
They are the Salmon Capital of the World

And to prove it
they even have some fishy benches
dotted all round the town  
I saw this wooden one with a Salmon shape for the back
and another which has a Halibut shaped back

Halibut is another fish found in Alaskan waters 


Close to the area where the cruise ships dock
there is a huge carving of a Bald Headed Eagle
and right beside it is a nice solid looking bench

It looks a bit uncomfortable
but obviously these tourists didn't think so
or they were so weary they would rest anywhere


Do you enjoy benches as much as I do?

4 comments:

  1. I love all the photos of all the benches you have taken over time... I think it would be cool Cathy to make a coffee table book of benches! Just a thought!

    Cheers
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat to see your Ketchikan photos. I haven't been there in a long time. I loved it! Went to a salmon cook-out when I was there, though. The salmon was fabulous. Thanks for sharing your bench pix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy. Thank you for sharing these fun benches. I love benches too and these are definite keepers. To me benches have so many stories that they could tell as they sit there in silent service. Manzaneeta Oregon just south of Cannon Beach has some really interesting and original benches like these too.

    Have a blessed and wonderful day today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the images of benches. Yes, we stop to rest from time to time (more and more often - ha!) and have found some much more comfy than others. Usually, it's just nice to find a place to rest. :)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy