About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

On my bookshelf

I came home from babysitting the other Sunday night with this boxed set of books
The author is one thats new to me - Dd said she was 'sort of an ok read'
so I'm not sure what recommendation that is.
So it will be 'time will tell' as to how I enjoy them
That's when I actually get round to opening one lol

BTW if anyone else has read some of her work I'd be interested to hear what you think of it


Since we came home from our trip
I have been trying to read Di Morrisey's book
'Heart of the Dreaming'

I've read and enjoyed qute a few of hers - and as they say - they are always a good read
Like most of her books it involves Australia and Australian characters 
 but for some reason I'm finding it hard to get into this one

I'll be able to spend more time on it
now that I've finished the xstitching I had on the go
(the one which caused me all sorts of grief)


I did however get to do some reading on the cruise

'Salvation Creek' by Susan Duncan
who was once editor ot The Australian Womens Weekly and also New Idea
A biography of the time after the death of her husband and her brother
The trials and tribulations of  being diagnosed with breast cancer
Moving to a small community in NSW 
Coming to terms with her life
and rediscovering love  

Yes, I took time to read on the cruise
Freezing cold outside but I enjoyed it

Whats on your bookshelf?

4 comments:

  1. I think I would like Salvation, I have put it on my list.....where were you that it was this cold?
    ......:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find Di a bit of a slog, but once it gets going it gets better. For this reason I havnt read any of her books for a while.
    While you were away I read the Tomorrow series. Great books, easy to read and makes you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info on all these lovely books. I haven't read any of these authors yet. Loved that last photo of you Cathy. You didn't let anything deter you from enjoying yourself on holiday, even when it was that cold. I admire that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Tess's books. First one I read was back in the 90's called "Harvest". She has wrote several based on Detective Jane Rizzoli and Dr Isles that were very good. They have made a tv show based on them. I agree the Salvation book looks good.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy